Hello Bite Buddies! I’m here again to share something interesting and this time it is not about chocolates or any other sweets! I want to share this because I am a really proud pinoy. I also want everyone to know what Philippines can offer that can’t be found in any other countries. ONLY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES!
So here it is:
1. Kamote-cue is sweet potato that’s coated with brown sugar and deep-fried in oil; several large pieces are served on a thin bamboo skewer.
3. Kwek-Kwek are hard-boiled quail eggs coated with batter and then deep-fried. Tokneneng is the term when chicken eggs are used.
4. Fish balls are round, airy fish-flavored dough deep-fried in oil and then skewered on a stick; various dipping sauces are provided. Squid balls and chicken balls are recent variations.
5. Adidas are grilled chicken feet on skewers; named after the three stripes in the German shoe company’s logo
6. Walkmen are pig ears that are marinated and then grilled on skewers
7. Turon is banana wrapped like a spring roll and deep fried; jackfruit is sometimes included in the filling
8. Betamax is chicken or pig’s blood that’s dried and roasted; served cut into small cubes
9. Taho is a drink made from soft bean curd sweetened with caramel syrup.. You can spot a taho vendor from afar carrying two large metal cans suspended on a stick over his shoulder.
10. Iskrambol is a sweet, slushy milk-based drink that’s a favorite of Filpino children. There’s always an iskrambol vendor near elementary schools.